Glendale Water & Power is sensitive to privacy issues with respect to the use of customer information provided to us over the Internet and has created this privacy statement in order to demonstrate our firm commitment to privacy. We believe it is important for you to know how we treat the information about you that is received by us when you visit this site. In general, you can visit The Energy & Water Efficiency Marketplace on the web without telling us who you are or revealing any information about yourself. Glendale Water & Power does not store or collect credit card billing information or distribute any other personal information such as addresses and phone numbers to unsolicited telemarketers and marketing lists.
Our web servers collect domain names and not the e-mail addresses of our visitors. This information is aggregated to measure the number of visits, average time spent on the site, number of pages viewed, and methods by which our site was found. Glendale Water & Power uses this information to evaluate the use of our site and to continuously improve the content being provided.
As technologies that we use evolve and change the way that we conduct business, we may amend this policy from time to time. We will post any revisions on this site.
Glendale Water & Power will not share or sell its users or customer information.
This website may prompt a user of the Service, depending on the user's actions and requests, for personal or secure login information. For example, when a user attempts to store updates to their property characteristics or to save their on-line project files for later retrieval, the necessary information to create or access a password-protected account for that user may be requested. Additionally, when such an active account user requests and authorizes project files or other information to be released to one or more third-party vendors, the user may be prompted to provide more personal information for the purpose of facilitating such contact with those vendors.
Examples of the types of personal and property-related information that our website may collect include:
1. Email Address(es)
2. Account User Name(s)
3. Personal Password(s) for Access to Glendale Water & Power Customer Data
5. Site or Property Address(es)
6. Contact Phone Number(s)
7. Type and Physical Characteristics of Buildings on Site or Property
8. Tax Lot or Other Property Identifying Information
9. Property Use Characteristics
10. Size of Site or Property
We collect and track certain technical information to promote a beneficial experience. We may also use technical information to store your preferences and make future visits to this website quicker for you.
1. Cookies - a cookie is a small file stored on a user's computer that contains information about the user. We use either session ID cookies (which terminate once a browser is closed) or persistent cookies (which are small text files stored on a user's hard drive for an extended period of time). Cookies allow us to understand how and when you use our website, but they cannot be used to track personal information such as email address or phone number. Cookies also allow us to store the personal preferences that you set during each visit to our sites which can speed up your future visits.
2. Log files - This website uses log files to track how it is being accessed and used. Log files track anonymous user information such as IP addresses, browser types, Internet service providers, referring and exit pages, platform type, date and time stamps, and number of clicks to, from, and within our sites. Web logs are tracked only on Provider servers and those of our Service Providers and do not place anything on your computer.
How Your Information is Used
How we internally use technical information to improve performance
As a customer of this program you may be offered retrofit measures. If you elect to have our Service Providers install these measures we may share your information with our Service Providers.
How we share some information with contractors
When you submit your information to this website and you authorize and request that it be shared with contractors and/or vendors, your information is used to match you with, and is transmitted to, contractors and/or vendors who you specifically select who can best serve your needs to facilitate their direct contact with you.
By submitting information to this website and by expressly selecting specific contractors and/or vendors through this website, those contractors and/or vendors may use the contact information you may have provided. In order to stop such communications, you must contact those contractors and/or vendors directly and request that they stop communicating with you.
Provider and its Service Providers will comply with the requirements of federal and state laws and regulations regarding consumer privacy and marketing.
Internet Privacy and Security Policy:
Whether you are a current customer or just visiting our web site, we safeguard the information that you provide to us.
For site purposes and to ensure that this service remains available to all users, this web site may employ industry-standard methods to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage. Unauthorized attempts to upload or change information on this service are strictly prohibited and may be punishable under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act of 1986 and the National InfrastructureProtection Act.